Whether you want to attribute it to increasing digitalization or the rise of IoT devices, cybercrimes are breaking previous records every year. News of data breaches seems to unroll in the internet world like dandelions. Yet we find businesses reluctant to invest in formidable cybersecurity. Thus, it can be challenging for cybersecurity firms to convince potential customers to consider security more than anti-virus and firewall. So how to convert cybersecurity clients? How do you conquer these challenges?
Why are businesses reluctant to invest in cybersecurity services?
Though high financial and reputational stakes are demanding businesses to get cybersecurity solutions. Yet, organizations are not willing to do so. There can be a number of reasons behind this attitude:
SMBs typically can’t afford to invest in cybersecurity.
Small businesses think they are “too small” to be at risk.
Many organizations believe that anti-virus software and firewalls are sufficient.
Many businesses are not willing to go beyond long passwords.
Organizations often don’t find trustworthy cybersecurity vendors to partner with.
So if you want to learn how to find cybersecurity clients & convert them, you must create a cybersecurity marketing strategy that addresses all these challenges.
In this article, we will explore some of the best practices that cybersecurity firms can use to win more clients in a short time.
How to Find & Convert Cybersecurity Clients? Best Practices for Marketers
1. Educate Clients & Gain Their Trust The journey of “How to find & convert cybersecurity clients” begins with understanding and educating your clients. Addressing your client’s concerns can be a tricky subject to touch on. However, if you do it well, it will be an excellent opportunity to instill trust in your organization. Your target audience is already aware of cybercrime and its damages. Thus, your goal should be to educate them about the solutions and how your services can save them from possible monetary and reputational losses in the future. You can use different communication methods to convey your message. It can be an email, a newsletter, an “About Us” section on your website, or a relevant social media post. Whether you try to communicate with your clients digitally or live, your message should be the same: How your cybersecurity solutions can protect their networks and why they should trust you as a partner.
2. Present Your Cybersecurity Professional Certificates Want to know how to find cybersecurity clients? Begin by building a credible reputation. Cybersecurity is expensive and businesses can’t afford to invest in security solutions every now and then. They want a cybersecurity partner that will provide them with top-notch, up-to-date cybersecurity products that will keep their systems and networks protected for many years to come. Organizations need a trustworthy cybersecurity professional to get the job done. Having merely a degree in IT or cybersecurity will not win clients. You need to present special certificates to build solid credibility among CISO executive networks and other cybersecurity platforms. Here are some of the most credible cybersecurity certificates available: 1. Certified Ethical Hacker Certification - CEHC 2. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) 3. GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
4. CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CompTIA CySA+)
5. Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
6. ISACA’s Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
7. ISACA's Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
With these certificates, you can provide your credibility as a certified cybersecurity professional. CISOs and other security practitioners are more likely to trust you and partner with you for a long time.
3. Optimize Your Website to Become Visible in Search Engines
You want to learn how to find cybersecurity clients, but is your website optimized to be found by the clients on Google? How can your clients find you when you’re not even visible in search engines?
For this, you need to optimize your website, both for users and SERPs. Make sure it ranks higher in search engine results so potential customers can find you easily.
One of the best cybersecurity marketing practices is using the latest SEO techniques to get a higher ranking. These include improving website speed, creating SEO-optimized content, building high-quality links, creating a search bar, etc. It will go a very long way toward enhancing your lead generation strategy and customer base.
4. Partner With Cybersecurity Marketing Platforms
Just like you’re struggling with how to find cybersecurity clients, your clients are also struggling to find reliable partners.
With cyber crooks targeting large and small businesses, every organization is turning to the best cybersecurity services. Many CISOs and other security practitioners don’t contact or trust random cybersecurity vendors. They rely on cybersecurity marketing platforms to help them connect with cybersecurity professionals.
As a cybersecurity professional, you can join cybersecurity platforms such as Execweb to get instant access to the CISO networks that need your services. There, you can connect with them, talk about their needs, present your portfolio and gain their trust. This is one of the fastest methods to get more clients.
5. Engage With Web Visitors
Lastly, collect information about the web visitors and constantly engage with them to learn about their needs. Anyone visiting your website is interested in getting cybersecurity solutions. It’d, therefore, be a great idea to connect with them later on.
Collect their information like their names, email addresses, phone numbers, etc. Once done, you can run an email campaign to convey your message to hundreds of potential clients. You can also use data to connect with them on different social media platforms such as LinkedIn. This way, more customers will know about your brands, eventually generating more leads.
Remember: Don’t use a single standard message for all. Always use a personalized marketing approach to build relationships with your potential clients.
How to Get Cybersecurity Clients For Your Business?
If you’re a cybersecurity professional wondering how to find cybersecurity clients, know that there’s no one-size-fits-all strategy. You need to use result-orienting marketing strategies as well as the right marketing channels to find cybersecurity clients.
Want to get in touch with CISOs or other security practitioners to sell your cybersecurity solutions? Join our platform right now and have one-on-one virtual roundtables with CISOs to understand their needs.